Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Weekend of good stuff.


This week's flying, which is a good thing for many reasons:

A.) Who likes weekdays more than weekends? No one, unless their name is "Nerd."

B.) Round two of Friend-a-rama is this weekend.

C.) The The Blueheels are playing Friday in Oshkosh, if their Web site is to be believed.

D.) Um. It's almost Friday. Pay day. Boo ya, Grandma. Boy, I haven't used that phrase since high school. That felt good. Boo ya, Grandma.

Awesome.

The friends who came up last weekend are the life-long friends (insert mushy music): my cousin who I know more like a sister, and my best friend since sixth grade. This weekend? The college friends. It's like my life in fast forward. Next week, I'll have visitors from my first "real" job after college. Oh, wait. That's every weekend. Right.

But we're back to the original problem: What to do, what to do. Last weekend, we went shopping for bridesmaids' dresses. We then went shopping for clothes. Then went shopping for pizza. I had fun. But you know that nervous feeling you feel as a first-time host when there are lulls in the conversation and you all sit there, staring at each other? No? Oh. Must be me. Ij ust wanna be exciting. ...

I mean, um. I am. Shooot.

(Photo: me and one of my college friends -- woo hoo)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh puh-leeeze! Like there are going to be lulls in any conversation when you and I are in the room together! And the boys can play video games. Besides, I'm going to be on vacation, so I won't mind just sitting around relaxing. And you have that crazy Uno game that kept us occupied for hours last time! It'll be a blast!

Anonymous said...

When have I ever played video games? Do any of us even know each other at all? I was counting on looking at dresses, jumping and squealing. Seriously, if we go shopping for clothes, Erika, good luck finding a way back.