Tuesday, March 21, 2006

iPods are the best invention of all time


I love my iPod more than I love a lot of things. So much music goodness in such a tiny package. What's not to love? Well ... I don't love the white buds because they hurt my ears, and I don't like that I bought a fourth generation iPod right before the color screen/video iPods came out ... but you're not that interested in that.

Apparently, the cool kids have gotten their members together to decide iPod-DJing is the new ... gulp ... jam band. If you don't know how I feel about jam bands, you don't even know me at all. So, will I be going/participating in iPod DJing in any way?

Gulp again. Yes. And you're all invited. Cranky Pat's. Sunday. 9:30 p.m. At least half of the four main Weekend staffers will be there. Two of us. Ooh. Celebrities. (Ha. Ha, ha. HA. I am so funny.)

I can see this going swimmingly. But I can also see some jerk take over the whole show like the guy at Tom's Garage last week who was playing the country music/reggae/rap songs (I mean that one song had all those genres in it, not that he played all three -- see? Isn't that horrible? If you want to know what it sounded like, pound your head on your desk a few times, have a friend hit something metal and make bass sounds with your mouth through a harmonica. Awesome).

Let's hope for swimmingly.

But see, once you get so many genres, tastes and people all together, that little bundle of musical joy can quickly become an instrument of torture. I have a wide variety of tastes in music, but I draw the line at country/reggae/rap.

(Photo: From Apple.)

No comments: