Monday, March 27, 2006

I aaaam an innocent maaaaan. And a big nerd.


Because both of you are dying to know what exciting finds I ... uh, found at the antiques store, here it is (drumroll, please):

Billy Joel's "An Innocent Man."

"But, didn't you already have that?"

Yes. Yes my friends. I have it on cassette, on CD and now, as of yesterday, on vinyl. I am so cool now, apparently.

See, when I was a kid, my dad would dub vinyl onto cassettes for me to listen to; one of the first he dubbed for me was "An Innocent Man." The year he got me a CD player for Christmas, that was the first CD I got. Because I was poor and 11, I had no disposable cash, so "Innocent Man" and I had some quality time together for a while, until I bought more CDs.

Needless to say, Billy's was the only CD I actually kept from that ill-advised bout of CD purchasing. So when I found it in the bin yesterday with a bunch of other "classics" -- Dolly Parton, Luther Vandross, etc. -- I had to rescue it. "Beauty and the Beast" guy? I think Billy keeps better company than that. And now he does. With Bright Eyes and Elliott Smith. On our shelf.

Dolly Parton. I'm so sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have like 3 or 4 of Billy in vinyl, HAHA =) Thank God for the Goodwill!!

Unknown said...

Peabo Bryson was the "Beauty & the Beast" guy.

And what's wrong with Dolly Parton?

Anonymous said...

how about the dutch band BLOF:
look and listen :
www.umoja.nl
or
www.blof.nl