Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"It just sounded like a good idea"


This is nuts. I don't know what people are thinking, but this isn't a good idea.

See, this kid wandered around Wal-Mart for 41 hours for a sort of class project. An elective class project. Wal-Mart's not really excited about it, but New Line Cinema's talking movie deals. Penguin Books is talking deals.

For what? He wandered around the chain store for 41 hours. He played video games, ate at Subway, watched DVDs. I did the same thing in high school. OK, not for 41 hours. But. Anyhow.

In the late '90s in small-town Ohio, Wal-Mart was the only store open past 8 p.m. on the weekends, so it's where we bought everything; we were those annoying teenagers buying 96 rolls of toilet paper and giggling. But that was high school. This kid did this on his college spring break.

Makes me feel better about the majority of my lame spring breaks when I was in college.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this quote from that story:
"Wal-Mart is part of the fabric of life and this kind of reiterates that."

That says it all!!!