Saturday, March 18, 2006

So I was wrong


I admit it, I didn't think I'd like Verona Grove; their sound is kind of pop-y punk, they really do remind me of everything I listened to in 2003 on my mixed cassette tape (Erin's Good Stuff, Vol. XII); But I have to admit -- they really do rock live.

And they're not ugly. At all.

I'm not a snob about music as much as Dave, but I do get picky when it comes to live shows, and cover songs. But they didn't have to try hard to sound like Green Day or Weezer, because the guys in Verona Grove can really sing. Ergo, good show boys. You proved me wrong.

AND ... speaking of covers, Tim Schweiger of The Obsoletes (HA, you thought I was going to say Blueheels -- ha, I got you good) did a cover of Bruce Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" with Rebecca Krafft of ... the band I said I wasn't going to mention, and it was magical. (I use the word "magical" half facetiously, because I wanted to say rocked," but I used that word already too many times.)

(Photo: by Krista)

1 comment:

Krista said...

I heart you, Verona Grove.