Sunday, March 5, 2006

Spell "how did you come up with that story"


Apparently, the year after I got out on purpose (my word was acreage, and my spelling it wrong led not only to me not going on to the district spelling bee, but also to the name of this blog), they stopped having Putnam County spelling bees.

But that didn't stop The (Toledo) Blade from running a story today about the Putnam County Spelling Bee (the musical), and my former hometown's association to the Broadway show.

OK, so the majority of the story is about how there is no spelling bee, and the county in the play is actually not our Putnam County, but ... um. It's neat. The principal of my hometown elementary school's even quoted in there as saying he stole the trophy for the 1998-99 bee. Mainly because there was no bee at which to award a trophy.

No comments: