Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Count up all the good stuff, WHOA


One of the perks of being engaged to a record store clerk is A.) hearing about stuff before everyone else, and B.) getting stuff before everyone else.

Before you can say "promo copy," Dave had a promo copy of "Bring it Back" Mates of State's newest CD, out March 21. Yesss. Best day of my life, because his mom taught him to share.

And, because you're all dying to know what everyone's favorite married couple/organ-and-drums duo is up to, it's makin' beautiful music. And, they even had their daughter, Magnolia, sing on one of the tracks. Ha, ha. (Which, coincidentally, is one of my favorite Mates of State songs: "Ha, Ha.")

And, for those of you who know of Mates of State and loathe them for their sugary-saturated songs, this one at least has lyrics that are a tad darker. Kind of. Quit being a hater. It's good stuff. Check out what it does to normal men.

It's that good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!! snaps to you sister. you are freaking funny.

I lOVE the video. no seriously, is that one of those workout groups? heheheeee

silverline said...

Hi Erin I too am a huge Mates fan and I am seeing them in Philly on March 24. I am going to buy the record but I don't feel like 3 days with it will be enough for me to fully get my groove on. Do you think you could help my girlfriend and I out?

Erin said...

Hmmm... I will hook you up if you hook me up with front-row tickets to the show. Right. But, in real life, I can't hook anyone up. It's a promo copy and marked and protected by the FBI, the CIA and maybe even God himself. Well, I think it's really copy-protected. But. You get the point.

Maybe you guys should all date Dave. I think it'd be worth it. Musically speaking.