Monday, March 20, 2006

Trying to be cool again


It's Monday, which means ... tomorrow's Tuesday, very good, class. And Tuesdays are ... new music days, correct. But, the Internet is awesome, so the man can't hold us down, man. We'll listen when we want. Yeah.

Speaking of "yeah," check out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new album. The only problem is you can't skip through songs (unless this is just a Safari/Macintosh quirk), so there's no listening to the CD in its entirety, because I have no patience. From what I heard, it's OK. Bet it'd sound even better if I could skip through songs halfway through if I wanted to. Jerks. It's out at the end of April.

You can also listen to The Flaming Lips' "At War with the Mystics," which always reminds me of hearing a 1970s radio playing while someone else is talking while some people are clapping and going "woo hooa." But in a good way. It's out April 4.

(Photo: The Flaming Lips, from the band's Myspace page.)

No comments: