Monday, April 3, 2006

Erin's back, with happy news (cue music)


Dear Blogosphere,

It's been days since my last post -- four to be exact. By now, you've deleted me from your bookmarks and have moved on with your lives. Well, you're going to regret it, because I have a lot of interesting (read: AWESOME) news:

1. Everyone's favorite Toledo band, Rediscover (who else), is rumored to have gotten signed sometime between when I last talked about him and Sunday, when a friend of ours called to give me the good news. Getting signed is like the musical equivalent of getting called back for a second date, though, so let's not be planning any album release parties yet. Yet.

According to our source, who is just two people removed from Rediscover, they're on the same label (or satellite label of the same label) as everyone's second Toledo band, We Are the Fury, which just had its "You heard it here first" (lies -- I heard it in Toledo first, in 2004) on MTV last week or the week before. Phffst.

MTV, you're so last summer.

2. An Oshkosh band also got the second-date phone call: Verona Grove. Word on the street is they're keeping it DL (I think that's what the kids are calling it these days) because they don't like to make a big deal out of it. But ... I went and opened my mouth anyhow. It's reportedly by the same dude who's managing Green Day. Ooh.

And, because being a pop-culture reporter only works for the lucky few, and there are bills to pay, I also have been doing this "working" thing. And that brings us to point 3, my friends.

3. I got the big desk now, boys. I'm big stuff. Or, more accurately, I have more room to bring in big stuff. Like my fish bowl with the plastic fish. Photo frames. And I have a view overlooking the picturesque photo department's desk (ha, get it?). Two bedrooms, one bath, ample closet space. Just kidding. But it is pretty big.

Which leads us to 4. The classic Russian epic "Doctor Zhivago." (It actually doesn't lead us to four, but I was desperate for a segue.) Talk about a looong movie. But good. Oh, so good. And, you automatically feel smarter just by having watched it. It's mine; I've seen it before, but Dave hadn't. So we watched the 27-hour long film (it's like, 3 1/2 or something). Oh so good. But that's probably about the most exciting thing I did this weekend. You can't blog about rock stars AND live like one. Come on, guys. I'm only human.

(This week's Random Photo from Erin's Computer is brought to you by Erin's computer (GENIUS). It's a buffalo. At least I think. See it for yourself at some flea market in Ohio.) (Watch for more random photos in blogs to come. There will be a quiz on them someday, so keep notes.*)

(*Not actually true.)

1 comment:

Krista said...

::Insert me squealing, yelling, flailing my arms and flinging my bra on stage::

Congrats to Rediscover and Verona Grove. We all know - er, people who read MY blog know - I love 'em all.

Read: They're not ugly. And those boys are good.