Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dashboard? What is this Dashboard thing you speak of?


Sorry to have kept you waiting, wondering, worrying or at the very least hitting "refresh." I haven't really posted this week because I'm conducting a science experiment on how many hours it takes for someone to get sick of work. It's going swimmingly. Actually, that's only partially true. Mom's coming, remember? Not working Friday ... It's all coming back to you now.

(Who's singing that Celine Dion song? I know I am ... "It's all coming back to me nooooow." Barf.)

But, because of my self-imposed blogger silence, I've got a lot on my mind.

For one, this: Chris Carrabba, the king of emo and thereby also the king of lameness, stood me up. After four months of interview requests, long nights spent pining away for an interview, it never happened. Why? Well, his people say it's because he's hard to track down. Sources close to my investigation tell me that he's actually not that hard to track down, as he's pretty well "Chris who?" right now. I've also heard he's shy. Ha. That stopped being an acceptable excuse for him when he decided to step onstage and hit the radio waves. Yeah. Take that.

Get over yourself, buddy. You need some publicity here. You've not had a hit since 2004. You've not put out an album since 2003's "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar." I'm no rocket scientist (despite my previously mentioned experiment), but ... I think that speaks for itself.

But, I'm over it. Really. I'm also over him, whose music is about to be deleted from my iPod. It may not help the situation and I realize it doesn't make any difference to him, as he'll never know, but it makes me feel better. This is how Erin gets even. She deletes you from her iPod.



I kind of hope Death Cab for Cutie never comes to Oshkosh. We'd cover them, and I'd interview them and find out they're all jerks, and then I'd be out a REAL band that time.

But, because I know some of you may be Carrabba fans, check out The Northwestern for our LifeStyle reporter, Sarah Owen's coverage of the concert. After midnight, yo. Central time. It's emo-tastic. I just wanted to use that word again.

(Yeah, that's our Weekend cover from last week that I did. Its preview story: here. Support the arts. Read it.) (What?)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Apparently the show was good.

He ate at Fratello's.

And... he didn't cry. Whoa.

Rock on, Chris. Rock on. Or something. Oh, and, he's still pretty hot. We've gotta give him that.

Taking drastic measures of deleting him from your iPod makes me think of well, someone else. Don't do it... Don't do it.