Thursday, April 27, 2006

Pay attention, this is the ONE AND ONLY blog you'll read on this site that has a photo of Brett Favre in it.


OK, so it's not really "news" anymore, as it's 18 hours old already, but it's not technically the weekend yet, so you have to admit, it's still timely. Of course.

It's Weekend.

The cover story's cool, but I don't like food, so it doesn't really apply to me. But the "Suck/lame" vote of the week rocks. And, you have until noon tomorrow to vote on the Under 30 blog.

See, I'm not from Wisconsin. I don't understand Wisconsinite's love of the Packers, or Brett Favre. I mean, I lived in the Cincinnati area. I still go there, because my dad and stepmom live there; Dave's family's there. No one there takes loving the Bengals to the extreme that 97 percent of Wisconsinites take their Packers love.


And anyone who says "But it's like that no matter where you go" is wrong. Because it's not. Maybe it's because Wisconsin only has one real team. Ohio has two. (I didn't say they were good ones.) But I don't even think that's it. Even Detroit fans aren't as crazy. (Mainly because they're out starting riots and killing each other.)

But, in cooonclusion, Packers fans love their Packers more than I love anything on the planet. And I don't understand it. And I don't want to, either.

No comments: