Thursday, April 27, 2006

I claimed I loved it too soon. Sigh.


I was wrong. I jumped the "I love this CD" gun too early.

I got the new Taking Back Sunday CD, and I put it on my "three things I'm liking right now" list ... and I regret it. It's OK. But I can't seem to listen to more than track three, "Makedamnsure." It's been in my head for exactly 32 1/2 hours now, including sleeping time, and that means the CD is on its way out.

Though, in all fairness, "Makedamnsure" is pretty awesome.

I tried listening to the rest of the CD on my five-minute drive to work the past few mornings, but I just don't have that "OH MY GOD THIS CD IS SO AWESOME" feeling when I'm scanning the tracks. Maybe I'm prematurely tossing the CD to the back of the pile, but ... What, what is it? Am I too old now to appreciate a little "post-hardcore" (like there was a big nuclear fall-out, and all that's left is post-hardcore), white-boy anger? I don't think so.

Put in their two other CDs, "Where You Want to Be" and "Tell All Your Friends," and I'm into it. Immediately. Not so much with this one. There are like, three songs in a row that start out slow, and that's no good for me. Especially at 7:50 in the morning.

And if they speed up, I'll never know. I skip them. Sadness. First I lose Head Automatica, now Taking Back Sunday. They sound like everyone else.

It's a good thing I was kind of embarrassed about my Sunday feelings. I don't feel quite so bad.

No comments: