Thursday, April 13, 2006

You should be ashamed of yourselves. And I can't wait til they make a movie out of this.


You guys need to get your priorities straight.

I mean, the pretty much guaranteed Iran war, or Molly, the trapped cat. Which is more important? Kidding. You guys honestly think I'd make you choose between the two? No way.

The weird thing is Molly, our dear trapped cat in New York City, is more famous than whoever it is in Iran we're supposed to be mad at. It's like Baby Jessica, with catnip. I can't wait 'til CBS, ABC and Lifetime start planning dramatic two-part movies on this. I don't think I'm alone in saying that movie'd be a hit, if it were lined up against, say, some boring show like "Dateline" or "60 Minutes." I mean, who watches those shows anyhow?

But mark my words, I will be the first to say on my blog that Molly could be a hoax, pronounced "ho axe" in honor of my former journalism professor. Someone threw a stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear in there with a sound card. Somewhere, a second-grader is laughing.

(Photo: What Molly may look like, as it too has hair, whiskers and two eyes. We assume.)

3 comments:

Melissa Ives said...

Hi, I enjoy your articles and blog snippets in the paper and decided to stop by. Great blog. Welcome to Oshkosh. I actually was news clerk at the paper years ago. (ok, not many only about five) I'm glad more women are working for the paper.

Anonymous said...

Molly may very well be a ho axe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Speaking of ho axes, guess who gets to obliterate any shred of self-esteem we seniors have left in our last critique ever. That's right ... Mr. Whipple.

See me jump for joy.

One thing that really does make me happy is that I got a job.

So did Annie.

At the SAME newspaper.

That's right, all of our jokes about the coolest A&L team the IC's seen in years moving on together have become reality. Creepy, huh? We're even gonna be roommates. It's like a strange twilight zone -- pretty surreal.

Anyway, just thought I'd stop by and say hi; I miss talking to you. It's nice to read what's going on in your life (or just the glimpse the inner Erin-randomness). Yeah. :-)

WL said...

Hi,

Gotham Gazette linked to your blog.

They found the cat: http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=58650

You can go back to worrying about Iran now. (No I'm not being flippant, a war with Iran can neither end good nor end fast...)

-WL
NYC