Thursday, April 20, 2006

Erin's Good Stuff, Vol. XXVI


I don't know what number that actually is ... 26? Maybe? Yes? But that's what I'm up to as far as making mixed CDs goes.

Tonight, I'm aiming for two new CDs tonight. Yes, two. I've gotten new music, three hours in a car tomorrow and one CD player that's tired of playing the saaaaame stuuuuff ooooover and ooooover (insert exaggerated hand gestures, etc.).

So, when driving to Milwaukee, what should one listen to? Keeping in mind it's 9 a.m., and your mom will be with you for half the trip.

Here's what I came up with. Think of it as "The Essential Erin's-Ride-To-Milwaukee Mix." I linked some. Others ... well, YOU Google it. SO THERE.

For when Mom's in the car:
1. "Semi-charmed Life," by Third Eye Blind. Remember when they were cool? Me too. I was in braces and hadn't even gotten a learner's permit yet.
2. "Ballad of Big Nothing," by The Thermals. Elliott Smith's sounds better, but he's also more depressing. I want to rock out, not cry.
3. "Lola Stars and Stripes," by The Stills.
4. "New York, New York," by Ryan Adams.
5. "Light & Day" by the Polyphonic Spree. If that's not happiness, I don't know what is.
6. "Committed," by Pete Yorn.
7. "Une Annee Sans Lumiere," by Arcade Fire.
8. "Spit it Out," by Brendan Benson.
9. "Take it Easy," Bright Eyes. Naturally.
10. "Get Over It," by OK Go. Saw them in concert, and ... um, tight pants. Nice pants. Red pants.
11. "'Cello Song," by Nick Drake. Sad man. Good music.
12. "The Model," by Belle and Sebastian. The girl has loose morals, but dang is that song upbeat or what?


The non-Mom portion of the drive:
1. "Wicked Gil," by Band of Horses.
2. "Buried Myself Alive," by The Used
3. "Lover I Don't Have to Love," Bright Eyes. Love him. So much.
4. "Ha Ha," by Mates of State.
5. "Romantic Death," by The Sun
6. "Hands Down," Dashboard Confessional. Ha. Just kidding.
7. "My Name is Jonas," by Weezer
8. "You're So Last Summer," by Taking Back Sunday, and I don't care if that makes me a bad person.
9. "Nth Degree," by Morningwood. And I KNOW this makes me a bad person. And wow, I can still live with myself.
10. "Expo '86," Death Cab.
11. "(Expletive) You Over," by Modest Mouse. Mom wouldn't like it.
12. "Leyna," Billy Joel. Heart.
13. "Expressing Views is Obviously Illegal," by Prefuse 73.
14. "Never Sleep Alone," by The Mars Volta. And, while I'm on a Cedric kick ...
15. "One Armed Scissors," by At the Drive-In.

Happiness is new mixed CDs.

No comments: