Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Marriage is a special kind of union ...


When people want to get married in some religions, they have to take a marriage class. Yes, someone tells us how to be married. Wait, let me use the pamphlet's lingo: "tools" needed to "create a successful union."

I could crack jokes about "successful unionizing," but I won't. Instead, I'll just say holy cow, speaking of successful unions, this couple's been together 78 years. Seventy-eight. That's like, 70 years, plus eight. I can't even fathom it. Most people don't live to 78.

I only hope that our marriage class is going to give us those tools.

We go on Saturday, from 8:30 a.m. (when I am my best, let me tell you) to 4:30 p.m. (when I will be starving to death).

You can expect a full report here when we get back, probably complete with more photos like this blog classic, from the book "Teen Guide to Married Life," from which I posted back in February. Scroll to the bottom. There you go.

No comments: