Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Erin's nerdy confession


I have a confession that makes me seem like a big nerd.

I worked late tonight, but that's because I took an hour break for supper. Usually it's not so long. I go the break room, eat some Easy Mac, flip through some channels, go back to work so I can go home earlier. But tonight, I just had to take a longer break.

To watch "Jeopardy!"

Because I can't watch it at home.

I turned on the TV in the break room, and instead of just watching whatever channel someone else was watching earlier that day, I found the menu button. Oh, sweet caroline, it had a menu button. And it had that graphic thingy that lets you watch part of a show in the corner, while scanning other channels. Whoa. I mean, I'm talking tech-no-lo-gee. I vaguely remembered what it was like when I had cable, so I knew how it worked. But man. It was like I died and went to TV heaven. And then I chose a network TV show.

Ha.

I chose to make myself feel stupider and stay late to satisfy my TV needs. But, see, there's a real couch at work. And a sweet, huge TV. And cable. And I just had to watch TV.

Sigh.

Yeah, I just became that girl. I just hung out at work to watch a game show. Oh, god. I think I need a vacation. Or cable.

No comments: