Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Earn crowd participation points!


The plans are set, my friends.

Ohio. I've got maximum hanging-out and maximum good food. I've got maximum plans to do some laundry so I'll look my, well, maximumness. I am excited to the max. No doubt.

But what would a long car trip be without the perfect CD mix? Boring, that's what.

And, no offense to my fiance, but I am undoubtedly going to totally rock out so much louder to better music now that he's not there to make fun of my music choices. I have about 1,847 burnt CDs (all legal, mind you, just back-up copies, of course); I've got a loud one ("Erin's happiness mix, 2006"), a melancholy one ("The Downers"), a dance mix ("Good Stuff, Vol. 54") and a rock one ("Rock on").

Memorial Day weekend, driving through Chicago .... I may want to burn a few dozen more CDs. Or go buy a car charger for my sweet iPod on my lunch break. Sigh. The latter isn't going to happen. Well, probably not. I guess I bought sweet shoes today during lunch ... Anyhow, back on task.

Because my CD mixes tend to be predictable and boring after the first few plays, I need your help. Yes, America, now that "Idol" is over, you can turn off the TV and answer my plea.

Top 5 best songs for driving in the car (no downers, I fall asleep in no time flat. Like, 0.003 seconds). Go. Talk among yourselves, and then post your answers here. And if you don't, you can never say you partook in creating any mixed CD for me. And someday I'll be famous, and you'll regret it when I start mailing $100 bills to those who replied.

Yeah. "Is she kidding?" Maybe. Maybe not. Wanna bet $100 on it, though? And nothing too obscure. I have to be able to find it on iTunes.

OK. Go, friends. Go. Create a musical masterpiece for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a number 1!!!
Don't Turn Off the Lights!!

Anonymous said...

Baba O'Reilly - The Who. One of the most liberating songs for the open road.

Death in Vegas - Scopio Rising. Some of the same songs were in Lost in Translation.

Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot off of Day Dream Nation.

Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

1. Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy. Uh, FUN.
2. I'm Not OK (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance. Obviously.
3. Something Bon Jovi. Like, late 80s Bon Jovi, because, why not? And my mom likes him.
4. Gone - Kelly Clarkson. Because she's fun to secretly rock out to. You know it.
5. Geek In The Pink - Jason Mraz. You knew I was gonna put him on here.

Anonymous said...

To finish my list:
2. We didn't start the fire-BJ
3. any spanish song by Shakira
4. 18 & Life - Skid Row
5. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

Krista said...

Suddenly, upon reading everyone else's request, I feel quite childish.

So, uh, let's change my list to include some Chopin, Beethoven, Ray Charles and Elvis.