Saturday, September 8, 2007

Erin and Dave: Proud owners of impossibly dark blue carpet and one white dog for about a year now



We've lived in this house one year now, almost to the day. Actually, a year ago now we were driving to Ohio overnight to get a marriage license. Then there was the moving out of the apartment, the mortgage lender from Halifax and the stress that went with planning the wedding.

I don't miss last year (though I'd relive my wedding day and honeymoon in a proverbial heartbeat), but now the stress is just in different forms. I couldn't expect anything less, eh.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a "w" and ends with an "ork" and the other starts with an "m" and ends in an "oney." Oh, and then there's the part that starts with "n" and ends with "ever seeing Dave as often as I'd like." That one's probably the worst, though the end is nigh. I'll probably see him every night before I go to bed soon, and for dinner again like in the olden days. And then we'll run across the prairie's hill among the wildflowers toward our log cabin and Paw will .... Oh, wait, that's Little House on the Prairie.

Anyhow.

Point, point ... where was it? Oh, it's that I can't believe it's been a year already. Our projects that we're working on don't get done very fast and movies I thought I'd never have an interest in, I'm watching because it's more fun than sanding kitchen cabinets or painting a fence.

It's slightly exciting for me, because we have all these plans for the next year of our lives, and since this parts of this one went at a slightly faster than my average rate, I'm hoping that trend will continue a bit. We've got kitchens to finish, rooms to redecorate, painting to be done to fences and family rooms, furniture to be ogled and not purchased, a vacation to take, lives to rearrange, and all that.

So now August and September have been glacier slow. It's like staring down a tunnel at a light and thinking it's an end and yet the light never gets bigger ... That's August and September. Coooome on, October. Come on.

No comments: