Tuesday, September 4, 2007

WebMd once made me think I had a multitude of diseases. "Fatigue? Headache? Sore throat? Oh my God! I've got all the symptoms of DEATH"

Dave thinks he's dying. He's got a headache, he says, and he can't turn his neck to the side. And his stomach hurts. And does this look like a brain tumor? Maybe.

I told him facetiously that it was probably meningitis. That, yes, he definitely was dying.

Then he believed me.

So to make him feel better, I Googled meningitis, and found that yes, on the surface, his symptoms did sound like meningitis. But since I think it's stress and that maybe he's exaggerating, I didn't tell him.

But, maybe, if he wanted to, he could call a doctor tomorrow. Just, you know. In case a real MD disagrees with my and WebMd's expert opinions.

1 comment:

klhp said...

I work with cancer kids, so when I have a headache it morphs immediately into a brain tumor. And when I get bloodwork done with a physical, I ask them to throw in an extra differential with my CBC to make sure I don't have leukemia.

WebMD is so not my friend. :)

Hope Dave is feeling better.