Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Look at this! It's the deep end, and Erin just went off the edge

"I'll do dishes now if you change the oil in my car tomorrow," I said.

"So does that mean I'm taking you to work tomorrow?"

"Well, it's not a bad idea. You do have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow. And if I don't get you up early, you'll be in bed til 10 o'clock and I'll get home after work and you won't have any of the pictures edited and you'll want to cuddle and I'll say no and you'll say 'five minutes, 10 minutes, just 10 more minutes,' and I'll say 'no, no,' and you'll say 'after this show' and 'one more hour, I'll start it at 8:30,' and then it'll be 8:30 and you'll say 'I'll do it tomorrow, I'll have time tomorrow' only you won't have time tomorrow, you never have time tomorrow and you need to just get it done. And then we'll fight and it's your only day off and I don't want you to waste it and --"

"Are you done?"

"Yeah."

"OK. I got to go back to work."

"OK, bye."

I think that means he'll change the oil in my car. I keep going over it in my mind, and I think that's what he said. I think so ...

No comments: