Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy almost-anniversary


I got my anniversary present early from Dave ... and it came with an agreement.

Meaning it would not only satisfy the anniversary thing, but also a few other things. See, it was kind of expensive. A bit more than I expected, actually.

And I've got some guilt. So I created a list of holidays and special events that Dave has a free pass for. Terms and conditions apply. See store for details.

The list? Our anniversary, of course. Sweetest Day. St. Nick's Day. Christmas. Hanukkah. My birthday. Groundhog's Day. Valentine's Day. Easter. May Day. Memorial Day. Fourth of July. Labor Day. Our anniversary 2008. Sweetest Day 2008. Labor Day 2008. St. Nick's 2008. The birth date of our first born.

Notice I left Thanksgiving out. And next Christmas. Boo-ya. Wine for everyone!

See .... Add up the flowers and gifts from those babies and clearly this is a cheaper option.

Sounds like a horrible idea, but trust me. I won out. Who needs more sweaters, movies and lotion? I've got a new riiiiiiiiiing. Or, I will in a couple weeks.

(And what, you ask, will I get Dave? ME. Oh, and maybe a tie or something.)

4 comments:

Erin said...

A new ring already? Didn't you just get one less than a year ago?

You're a lucky lady!! :)

Erin said...

Ooh, my wedding ring had three parts -- the engagement ring and the two bands. So now I will have the two bands.

Woot, woot!!

Anonymous said...

You are soooo spoiled. Makes me smile though!
love,
Mom

Happy 1st Anniversary to you both!!

Erin said...

I know! Isn't it awesome? I gladly gave up all those other gifts for some sweet ring-age.