Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I guess I'm going to sink battleships now

Dave's home now for a few hours, and we're enjoying our time together by watching "Dateline" (of course) and sitting on the couch. He's heeere. He's sitting right beside me. Say hi, Dave.

Hi.

See? Wow, he's here.

But he wants to hang out like it's 1992 and I'm at home on a school night with my younger brothers. Dave bought Battleship at the thrift store the other day, and he's been begging me to sink his battleships all day.

I kept trying to fight time.

"Are all the pieces there?"

"They are! I checked."

"I bet they're dirty."

"I'll wash them!"

I'm running out of excuses. I'll, uh ... blog! I'll take a bath? I'll eat waffles? Go to bed early? Read? Anyone? How about some Trivial Pursuit? Someone? Help.

7 comments:

Farrah said...

You're on your own Erin. I love Battleship!

Bethany K. Warner said...

anytime you want to play Trivial Pursuit, call me.

Erin said...

I love trivial pursuit more than life itself.

And I beat Dave last night in Battleship, too, if you were wondering.

Anonymous said...

You haven't even been married a year yet and Dave wants to play "Battleship". Yeah right! Is this the new code word? ha ha ha

Mom

Erin said...

Oooh Ma. You make me laugh out loud.

Farrah said...

Do you have the 20th anniversary edition? That one is hard as hell!

I enjoy beating the pants off people at the Pop Up Video game.

Erin said...

We've got like six or seven versions of the game - I'd like to say I rock at all of them!