Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Off! with their heads

Remember that one time my car didn't start and I was in Illinois for a wedding? I remember. Man, I love spending $600.

Remember that one time my car didn't start and I was leaving work today? I remember. It was about two hours ago.

I could've cried, if I weren't so ANGRY. And I don't even think I'll add in the "irrationally" before the "angry." Because when you spend $600 to fix your car, you don't expect that not even 30 days later you'll be stuck in a parking lot while your car is making the exact same noise.

I was in the passenger seat of my car as Dave turned the key in the ignition. And nothing happened. And I thought he was kidding. I almost said out loud "Wouldn't that stink if our car was broken again?" Then I saw his face. His really angry face. And it was 100 degrees in that car. And it won't start. And I was TRYING to LEAVE WORK. I was SO close. SO CLOSE.

No big deal, though, right? I mean, Pep Boys has that 90-day warranty. Right.

Oh, except the nearest Pep Boys happens to be in Illinois.

My heart is beating in my chest with such ferocity I think I might be having a heart attack. Or else it's just my anger taking a physical form. Either way, this can't be good for my complexion.

I asked Dave to call Pep Boys tomorrow because when I have to confront people, I end up sounding like those truly irrationally angry people who call me when the crossword puzzle answers are wrong. And I don't even do that page, people.

No comments: