Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Less than a week!


We're nearing the end here in our little apartment.

One bathroom is off-limits. The door's shut, the shower curtain's in the garbage, the shelves are cleaned, the whole room smells like a swimming pool ... It's fabulous.

The oven is so clean you could eat off it. Right off it; I mean grab a fork and just try to find one dirty spot in that thing. I've got a sore right arm that says I scrubbed it all clean.

And the cupboards are cleaned out. The boxes are neatly stacked, waiting. The Goodwill pile continues to grow. The "give to Christopher" pile grows, to my college-bound brother's delight.

And we're but six and a half days away from moving.

Already we've had a disagreement about what color the bathroom will be. It's now yellow. As in YELLOW! HELLO, I LOVE BEING AWAKE AT 7 A.M. YELLOW! In all caps. It screams at you in all capital letters. And I'm not that happy at 7 a.m., ever. If I won the lottery at 7 a.m., I wouldn't be that happy. I would say "Good, now I can afford to go back to bed." That is how un-yellow I am in the morning.

Dave says it should stay yellow because maybe then this is how my morning would go:

Erin: YAY! IT'S MORNING! THE SUN'S NOT EVEN HALFWAY UP IN THE SKY! I LOVE BEING AWAKE! DAVE! LET'S FROLICK IN THE FIELDS AND PICK BERRIES BEFORE I HAVE TO GO TO WORK!


Dave: YAY!!!

But I think it'd go more like this:

Dave: YAY! IT'S MORNING! THE SUN'S NOT EVEN HALFWAY UP IN THE SKY! I LOVE BEING AWAKE! ERIN! LET'S FROLICK IN THE FIELDS AND PICK BERRIES BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GO TO WORK!

Erin: Slams door.

For the sake of our relationship in the mornings, I picked the top color. The other is the real color. See? Which color says "7 a.m. is OK. Sigh," and which one says "7 a.m. is A-OK!" in Barney the dinosaur's voice?

That's what I said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, go with the top color for sure!
-r

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but I like the yellow too.