Monday, September 25, 2006

'I don't cry when my dog runs away, I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay ...'


Actually, I would and I do.

But this is what I got (get it, "What I Got"? Um, I totally stole that song right outta the '90s).

I got wooden floors. And, yes, those brown shoes look equally as unflattering standing five feet above them as they do from across the room. And, yes, I am aware.

I've got one shelf - count it - one shelf that is completely do-not-touch-or-rearrange-a-thing done. The books are separated into fiction and non-fiction, then alphabetized and put in the Erin Decimal System. I think it looks fabulous, only because there are no more boxes to be put in front of it with books sitting inside screaming "PLEASE UNPACK ME FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY."

I've got a mocha room. Mo-ka. It's b-e-auuu-tiful and totally un-mauve. It's also an empty room, due to our lack of funds and furniture ...

And, I've got debt. And a mortgage. And a stiff neck from that whole painting/lifting/dragon boat thing.

And I've got Sublime's "What I Got" in my head. Oooh, dang.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the most well-organized bookcase I have ever seen in front of the most beautifully colored room atop the best-looking wooden floor ever.

And in response to your myspace comment that you left yesterday (which said you were getting married in 19 days) I have to correct you. As of today, you are getting married in 18 days. I swear, what would you do if I wasn't a bridesmaid? :)

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.