Monday, September 18, 2006

Tick, tock, tick, tock ...


When I'm married, moved in and settled, I'm going to be the most boring person you'd ever know for a little while.

I'm going to sit at home and watch movies -- from the library. I'm going to read more books. See this shelf? See how it's glowing? That's because it's like a dream, beckoning me: "Erin, read all of these books. Even the boring ones." I'm going to watch PBS. I'm going to take walks or sleep in on the weekend, or maybe just stare into space or count ceiling tiles.

It's going to be awesome.

And, because I'm waiting for paint to dry (so I don't want to unpack at the house), and I'm waiting for boxes to be taken out this weekend (so I can't clean the apartment), I'm sitting here thinking about all the tears-rolling-down-my-face-because-I'm-so-bored kind of things I'm going to do.

I can't wait. Big life changes are fun when they're dreams, and I'm sure they're great when the exact moment arrives and when they're realities. But it's the waiting that I can't stand. (Especially when I have air conditioning vents to clean. I'm sooo sure.)

Of course, I'm sure there'll always be something coming up that I'll have to do.

Hmm ... won't retirement be fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

Reading books and being bored for awhile after getting married sounds heavenly to me.