Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Way to go, Bright Eyes


Conor Oberst, I'd like to welcome you to our wedding. You're the winner of the First Dance Award, given out only to that one song that means something to the both of us, and has been sung multiple times by two very incapable singers on the highway. It's your song called "First Day of My Life," and it's from "I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning." Of course you know this, being Conor Oberst.

And I love it. We just made a decision while eating supper, in haste, talking about the paint job done in the kitchen while rushing out the door to put boxes in my car to take to the other house. We also mentioned "mortgage," "did you get the mail," and "oil change."

We are officially boring. YESSS.

Hold your applause.

(We found our slip we were supposed to give the DJ about a month ago saying which songs we wanted to dance to when, and we're kind of panicking about it being late.) We're thinking that since we were late mailing it back, we're going to get bad songs and horrible montages. Like the "Grease" montage. Or the ABBA montage. OH GOD NOOOOOO.

So, forgive me while I step over here and plead to all that is holy that that doesn't happen.

No comments: