Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Those pesky belongings


If I have to go back to my apartment one more time, I'll scream.

We've been making these really (to someone staring out the window) shady-looking trips back to the apartment. A night stand here, a floor lamp there, a suitcase full of dishes, all loaded on a cart and dragged out to my car to take back to the house, like a caveman coming to claim his game or something, once a day.

These shady trips are turning into quite the nightmare. It's H-O-T in that apartment, still. It's messy. It's loaded with stacks of random belongings that we swore we could "get in one or two trips with the car, let's not load them in the moving truck."

Wrong.

So, yes, I'm the woman you'll see driving around the city with Christmas trees and laundry detergent in the backseat of my car. I'm probably very angry looking, too. You would be too if you had to carry three Christmas trees, five pots and pans and a load of unfolded laundry back to add to the pile o' stuff at the house that you have left to unpack.

But, out of sheer joy (and with a bit of help from people who know some basic laws), I can scream for joy that, no, I will NOT be charged $75 for each carpet I do not shampoo. Why? Because it is eee-legal for me to be charged.

FLASH FORWARD: Hi, it's Erin, and it's 2076. I've just got the last box unpacked, which is fortunate for me, as it was a box of cereal, and that was 70 YEARS AGO.

No comments: