Tuesday, June 27, 2006

One month to 'Scoop'


I love Scarlett Johansson; if there were any actress I could be, it'd be her. She seems so intelligent and well-spoken. Maybe it's because she is. Maybe it's because her peers are getting "totally wasted man" and land themselves on tabloid covers for breaking up with or getting back with Hollywood "bad boys." Whatever.

And I'm sure starring in Woody Allen's films doesn't hurt a career any, especially his recent work. First "Match Point," (awesome, go rent it now), and soon, "Scoop" (July 28). I am P.U.M.P.E.D. So pumped, in fact, that I'm not going to wait 'til it's in the used DVD bin at Media Exchange like I did for "Match Point."

I'm going to actually go rent this one. Maybe even from the movie store instead of the library. Hey, I can be cool and cheap at the same time.

But Johansson and Allen have a cool, quick-reading interview in New York, which you can read here.

Best part: has Scarlett made Woody a believer?

“I can only quote myself from the movie 'Manhattan',” he says. “Scarlett is God’s answer to Job. God would say, ‘I’ve created a terrifying and horrible universe, but I can also make one of these, so stop complaining.’ ”

(Photo: New York magazine)

No comments: