Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'd call it "Can you hear me now," but that commercial is so 2003.


Kids, you're going to really love this.

Here's the deal, for all of you lazy link-haters: Teens are downloading this new ringtone to their cell phones so they can use them in class, or wherever, without adults knowing. How? They ring in a super high-pitched tone that the New York Times says most adults can't hear.

I'd say it separates the cool kids from the old kids if, well, I didn't have trouble hearing the mp3 myself. My left ear's broken. I held my laptop up to my right ear and heard it, so I guess that means I'm half cool. Right? Or half old ..? Or half deaf. I've heard that before.

Anyhow. Go to the link above and check it out. The audio file's under the photo of the kid on the phone (with a Windows screen behind him, with no icons. Whose computer doesn't have icons?).

(Photo: Motorola)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh.

My.

God.

You actually have icons on your desktop?

Ugh.

That's totally what like old people do.