Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Fun in the sun ... except it's raining now, and not really all that warm


It may seem that all I do is have visitors or go home myself, but ... OK, yeah, it does seem like that.

This time, it's my dad and his wife, Linda, my two stepsisters and my half-sister. They're showing up tomorrow night (yeah, a Wednesday), which is cool because it gives me a reason to hurry up a bit more at work to go see them. That, and I finally get to try out my new bathing suit when I pretend I'm totally staying at their hotel.

This also means I have to figure out something for them to do while I'm at work Thursday. I'm thinking of sending them to the EAA Museum or something. The kids range from 10 to 17, so they don't want to do anyhting, like, gawd, totally uncool.

Speaking of swimming ... tomorrow's The Northwestern's big water park preview tab for the opening of the new Pollock Water Park. I'm not ashamed to admit that my friends and I have already decided we're going. That big slide? It's not going to ride itself. I've got to be there. And it's in Oshkosh. Holy cow. It's no Beach (Cincinnati's contribution to my summer fun when I was 15), but hey, it's wet. It's new. It's in Oshkosh. Etc.

No comments: