Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Movie time ... YES!


I get into movie kicks, and I can't stop. Last weekend, it was "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not," an Audrey Tautou movie (love her in "Amelie,"). I'd heard mixed reactions about "He Loves Me," but I loved it. I wouldn't want to own the thing. But it did have me mesmerized for the whole movie (or maybe that was because I had to sit close to read the subtitles).

Tautou plays this art student who's in love with a doctor -- and he's married. The first half of the movie, we see her side of the story, through her sweet gestures all the way to the disconcerting end. For the second half, we see the doctor's side. I won't give it away, but the ending's one you'll say "oh, no" to. And still be able to sleep at night. Best kind of thriller.

And, I found the trailer for the new Zach Braff movie, which comes out Sept. 15, and I am so there (you know, months later, getting it on DVD, etc.).

I can't say if I love it, because I've only watched the same short trailer everyone else has, which can be found here. However, I will soon be able to say I know how it ends, as it's a remake of "L'Ultimo Bacio," an Italian film that I've got a hold on at the library. Gotta love the library. I'll let you know if I hate it. Because I am just like Roger Ebert, and the world values my opinion.

Ha.

No comments: