Monday, February 6, 2006

I'm so proud of me: I didn't mention Monday one time in this whole post.

I got home from work today at a normal-people time, which is always good. I had some mac 'n' cheese, even better -- and then I sat down to go through the mail.

Yeah. Bills. Yay. Junk mail. Etc. Then, a fabulous present.

A DVD from my Grandpa. Made by Grandpa. Edited by Grandpa. He's going to be 80, and yet he can do more with DVD editing than I can. Talk about making me feel like a slacker.

It was called "For Roger," my missionary-priest uncle, and it basically was pictures of all like, 56 of us grandkids standing beside Roger at various stages of our lives. The babies got the best: they're still cute, they're in the video like, eight times each. The older kids who live near home or who made it to the Christmas party also got it good. They look like they do now, which won't be embarrassing until 2010. Ha. (All 10 of my teenaged boy cousins in 2010: "Remember when long-sleeved polo shirts with white T-shirts underneath were cool? Man, look at that gelled hair. We were so AWESOME.")

Me? I gotta go home more often. The only picture he must have had of me was this terrible one of me pouting on a bench in Chicago, because I'd just gotten in a fight with my then-5-year-old brother, in Chicago circa 1995. Man. Lessons learned: 1. Keep in touch with Grandpa, sending pictures often, 2. Be grateful your brother isn't 5 anymore (man, he was embarrassing -- me? Oh, no, never), 3. Rolled socks AND rolled shorts = not cool 10 years later. (Probably wasn't so hot then, either, come to think of it.)

But, nonetheless, it made me all warm and happy inside. Or maybe that was the macaroni. Either way, I was impressed with the video, and kinda proud my grandpa did it. (Insert the song "I Love Technology" from the wedding at the end of the "Napoleon Dynamite" credits.)

With my choice of clothes 11 years ago, not so much.

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Ur grandpa is cool! Mine just learned how to turn on the CD player and how to play 'them round cassettes'....lol
Did you have jelly shoes and a side pony tail?

Erin said...

Of course I had jelly shoes! Who didn't. In a sad, sick way, I wish they'd come back in style. OK, wait. I take that part back.