Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"I have waited, the anticipation's got me blue." (Yeah, it's Death Cab.)


It's like we've not seen real snow all winter or something. I mean, they're calling for a measly 12 inches of snow, and all of the sudden, everyone goes crazy.

Wait. That includes me. SNOW. Finally. Gosh, I didn't move to Wisconsin because of the cheese, folks. (Though there was that whole job thing.) I'll admit eight to 12 inches is a bit excessive, and I further confess that if it were Dec. 25 (or even a weekend), I'd be much more excited about it. I want to play in it. I don't want to drive in it. I want to watch it snow from my bedroom window, not from the window across the office at work. Man.

Now, watch, I just jinxed it and it won't snow at all. Sigh.

However, there is more good news, folks. I need to write more "I hate life" blogs more often, because as soon as I do, another band of mine (mine, because I obviously own them) announces they're going on tour or something. Yes. I can see the next blog: "Dear Billy Joel, My life is meaningless and holds no ... uh, meaning, without you. Please tour." And the next day, he'll be like, "Dear Erin, I'm so there. Love, Billy. P.S., Yes, I signed it 'love.'"

This time, it's my boys Death Cab for Cutie. You know, like the Postal Service's Ben Gibbard, mixed with some other not-ugly-but-not-hot guys singing about sad things in a sort of happy way. It's brilliant. Love it.

Madison (love it). Friday, April 21. 8 p.m. $25. I'm so there. With my friends. Yesss.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Ohhh yeah!!!! We're getting quite a track record. Rediscover... Death Cab... Maybe you should also write a Poor Me blog about Jason Mraz. I could see a collaboration between Billy and Jason.