Monday, April 16, 2007

What did I expect ...

I'd tell you about how I got the material all laid out for the skirt I'm sewing, how I cut out the pattern and ironed everything and read through the directions, saying "Uh huh," and other such optimistic expressions.

I'd also mention that I got to pinning the pattern to the fabric and stared at it, pulling and tugging, for 20 whole minutes while I muttered obscenities under my breath. How I gave up and said "You know what! I just CAN'T DO IT" and folded everything up nicely and said "I need help" to no one but the dog. And he's not much help.

But I'm too much of a woman for that, so I'll just say "Hey, I started that one skirt project thing. Look at me go."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did remember to wash the fabric first in order to get any shrinking out of the way before sewing it right?