Thursday, April 26, 2007

Debbie Downer's playlist

I tried creating a playlist for work on my iPod, one filled with songs that I could more or less ignore, but ones I could use to drown out the rest of the noise for when I have 18 Word documents open at once, doing plans for the next two weeks and one magazine.

Woman needs some concentration, ya know?

But I found it funny today, and giggled outloud to no one but my 18 Word documents, when the following songs played in succession. It should be noted that I'm generally a happy person (except for in the mornings, mid-afternoon, that 10-minute period where I don't know what I want for dinner, Sundays, Mondays, February and that whole 2002 thing). I kid. Well. Kind of. But you know what I mean.

Yes, I swear it's a sheer coincidence that these songs sound like I want to jump out a window.

1. "Why'd You Want to Live Here," Death Cab for Cutie
2. "Kill Me in My Sleep," Chad Vangaalen
3. "Close to the Borderline," Billy Joel
4. "Landlocked Blues," Bright Eyes
5. "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here," Weezer
6. "Under Pressure," My Chemical Romance/The Used
7. "Something to Look Forward To," Spoon

And then there was that poppy song to bring it back up.

Obviously I need to put some more thought into making playlists for my mental health's sake when I play "At Work." Someone, get some Polyphonic Spree song in there before I start moping.

No comments: