Monday, April 9, 2007

I refuse to switch back to my "winter" purse

... even though it's supposed to snow like, 4 to 8 inches Tuesday to Wednesday.

I swear. I already moved all my stuff from the black bag to the blue one. That stuff'll stay there 'til I can convince Dave that since he gets to buy a $900 lens, I get to buy a $20 purse. And that purse too will be spring-like.

But, back to this $900 question that's been on my mind since he asked "Can we talk about something?" right before dinner.

Dave shoots weddings and other such fun events through "Dave Wasinger Photography" (sounds so official, like he has his own embossing stamp and an ad in the Yellow Pages), and that means Dave Wasinger gets to pay for all expenses. And if photography were one of those careers like, say, writing, he could buy a computer and be done with it.

But they keep coming out with bigger and better lenses. And of course, he has to have them. I am educated enough to know better lenses take better photos, but I'm prone enough to ulcers and anxiety attacks to know that $900, that's a lot of money. A lot.

We're going to have to put off having children until 2015 so we can feed them. Either that, or join one of those envelope stuffing pyramid schemes. Those seem to work out so well, judging by those ads you see on telephone poles. ...

1 comment:

Deloris said...

How exciting for Dave! That is awesome.

I know what Dave is going through, starting a photo business is very expensive. I spent a couple thousand dollars getting my business up and running last year.