Thursday, April 12, 2007

At least none of the dresses are magenta with a big bow on the hip

I thought when I'd get my younger brother's wedding invitation that I'd feel something special, like pride or sentimental or maybe I'd have a moment of "oh my God, I'll be pulling from Social Security soon."

Instead, I just felt glad he included a stamp on the return envelope for the RSVP and thrilled that the wedding season's almost here. When you're a bride, the only thing that matters is your wedding, and if you're not careful, you find yourself annoyed that the cashier at the grocery store doesn't congratulate you because IS SHE BLIND? there is obviously a ring on your finger missing a wedding band.

When it's others' weddings, it's just like a big family holiday; you look forward to it, but at the same time you're left hoping you don't break your ankle in those heels and you hope that dress you haven't tried on yet is comfortable (or fits, period), and you just want it to be here. Not that I dread the weddings; not at all. They'll be a blast, they'll be romantic. They'll be sweet. I'm happy for all three couples.

But that's a lotta bridesmaidin'. Yes. That's a verb.

No comments: