Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Luck of the draw

When I woke up this morning, I totally forgot about that whole NCAA thing. "Oh, yeah," I said, flipping back to the sports pages. "Huh."

See, I'm not much of a participator. This year, I thought I’d go out on a limb and participate in an NCAA basketball tournament. Only this one didn’t require me to actually fill out any brackets or learn about any particular team’s chances of actually winning.

Instead, I pulled names out of a hat and hoped my three random teams did well. Whoever was left holding tickets to Final Four teams was promised at least some money back. I didn’t make it, and it wasn’t even Ohio State’s fault, like Dave had hoped.

I was left holding A&M, Georgia Tech and some other team that obviously did so well that I forgot their name. Oh well. That’s a lot less painful of a pool than filling out a bracket. And look at all the time I saved actually watching the games ... Huh.

No comments: