Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'd go back. I just don't want to be the one driving

I made it!

OK, I got lost, I may have shed a tear as I turned onto yet another one-way street away from my destination, away from the haven of a parking garage and the sterile serenity of a hotel room, onto another street where people walked in the middle of the street and looked at me like, what woman? What? You expect me to walk on the sidewalk? You must not be from here.

But then Dave answered his phone and he saved me from eternal circle-making, and I actually saw Milwaukee, the part you're supposed to see and not the part that's so out-of-the-way that you think the only way out will be to stop, hold a tree and whistle for help like they taught you in elementary school.

Milwaukee's cool. You win. Actually, it made Toledo look quite junky. (And you know what else is junky?)

And of course the best part was the hotel room, the king-sized bed, the cable, the throwing-wet-towels-on-the-floor-because-I-can't-do-it-at-home. Yessss.

No comments: