Sunday, November 25, 2007

Noooooo, don't make me goooooo

I'm all about home improvement (the act, not the show), and I'll admit that nothing quite brightens my day like the smell of paint drying. Paint that I didn't put there. Paint I wanted there, and ordered Dave to put there. See, I'm very specific about the scent of my drying paint.

Since Lowe's opened in Oshkosh last week, a mere five minutes from our house, Dave's been a madman.

"Let's go tomorrow after you get done with work."

"Wow, I call that incentive."

"To get done earlier?"

"No, to get lost on the way home."

"Come on! It'll be great."

"I'll bet!"

He's decided that tomorrow, just because!, we're going to pick out molding for the kitchen, new toilet paper holders for both bathrooms (because the ones we have are jiggly beyond repair, and he wants fewer moveable parts), a towel holder for the downstairs bathroom, and the mower we'll be getting next spring.

Wooooooooeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh! A new mower! All right! Let's go now! Let's go tonight! Let's talk about weed control! Let's talk about blades! Let's talk about oh-my-God-I'm-so-bored.

I had a penchant for home improvement-type stores right after we bought our house, but since, oh, October of last year, that kind of returned itself to the "boring" pile of my life. He's going to ask me to pick out the siding we'll get when we're rich, or the type of windows we'll get in our next house, I just know it. God, wake me up. I must be having a nightmare.

1 comment:

MWGirl said...

Oh Erin, Lowe's is great! I know because I spent nearly 2 hours there yesterday. We picked out a million paint swatches (which we'll never agree on because hi, he's color blind) and we got this attachment thingie to make our fancy ice maker in our new fridge work. And we looked at new dishwashers (and I think we're gonna get one).

OK, now I feel old.