Thursday, November 29, 2007

I don't really know myself

I don't like pickles, nor do I ever crave ice cream. But meat. Now, I can't stop. Scary, bad-for-you meat, red meat, a damn hamburger, spaghetti sauce so thick with meat chunks that it's not quite sauce. Pepperoni, even. Beef sandwiches, with ketchup.

I don't even know myself.

I was a chicken woman. Nuggets, legs, sandwiches, patties. Chicken. Healthier, lighter. Soy, even. Yum.

Now, unless it's covered in hot sauce, I don't want it.

Mmm, that or just plain green olives. I eat them like I used to eat M & Ms, and olives are unfortunately not much healthier.

Somewhere, my doctor is crying and my sodium levels are soaring. I promise. I'm also drinking my milk and eating fruit and the occasional veggie. I promise.

Written Oct. 22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister was exactly the same way when she was pregnant with my niece. In fact, we actually started calling my sister "burgers" because that is all she craved. Um, she doesn't let us call her than anymore...but it is a fond memory!