Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What I've been up to and hinting at for about two months now


The two lines sprung up within seconds. First the variable, then the control. The clock ticked as the blue lines grew darker, the variable slightly lighter than the control line. It was 7:16 a.m. on a Thursday in early October. By 7:18, my heart beat once in my throat where three beats should have been in my chest and I hesitantly called for Dave. "Daaaave?"

Holding the paper with the idiot-proof directions and the wand out in front of me, I just looked at him and watched as he looked at the key. "Two lines ... positive ... One line .... nega--"

Pause. He looked at me and smiled, slowly, rubbing his bed-head.

"We're having a baby?"

"I think so?"

I mean, yes.

And later that day, I took two more home pregnancy tests. Positive. Took one more - a different brand, just to make sure - the next day. Positive.

I guess I should clear my calendar for early June.

Written Oct. 16 - It should be noted the blue lines I'm talking about are from the first test. This picture was the third test. Can you say paranoid?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. You blogged it.

Eeeeeeeep.

Congrats, of course.

xo.

Deloris said...

Congratulations Erin and Dave!

Anonymous said...

I got so teary-eyed reading this. I love it. Best news ever :-)

Anonymous said...

Just remember, you're going to have to feed it, play with it, take it for walks and partially to completely subsidize its post-secondary education.

Congratulations!

Sara said...

Congratulations :)