Saturday, November 24, 2007

No, she doesn't have the mullet anymore. I still have that crazy hair, though.


All weddings are fun, but weddings that are held around home with your family, with Putnam County wedding food, with wine, with a bride you used to stay up late playing Barbies with at Grandma's by the closet light until you started giggling so loud that you got yelled at for not trying to sleep ... those weddings are the best. The weddings with the bride you used to spend hours on the phone after school with dissecting what The Boy said to you that day in school -- does he still like me? I think that's him! On call waiting! Oh my God! What do I say??

And I'm gonna be in one those weddings in September.

My cousin Kristen called me last Friday around 11 p.m. to tell me she got engaged! Finally! Yay, Paul! And Thanksgiving night, she asked me if I'd be in her wedding. Heck. Yes.

She's got what I understand to be 286 days to throw together the wedding she's always wanted. Less than a year. Actually, to tell you the truth, I'm glad it's less than a year, because I'm so excited for it, and for her. But I'm not exactly jealous to have to do all that planning in nine months. But I guess she won't feel those five-months-out, I-swear-to-all-that-is-holy-I'll-never-make-it-to-my-wedding-day, this-is-taking-forever moments.

Siiiiiigh, fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally? How old IS she? You two look to be about the same age in this picture.

Erin said...

Ha, ha. She's younger than me actually. But he's had the ring for a long time, so it's FINALLY time he gave it to her. :)

Not "finally" like, wow, it's been years. Just "finally" like "wow, Paul. Atta boy."