Sunday, July 1, 2007

You and me goin' fishing in the dark; only really, I don't get to go fishing. I get to go shopping.

I get homesick frequently, as I've said before, but sometimes home just comes to me.

Take for instance, Thursday.

Dave's mom, dad, aunt and uncle are coming up. I'm genuinely excited because I am a sucker for uncomfortable silences and awkward moments. And that's just as they watch to see if I grab a beer or a pop -- "and is it just that shirt, or is she getting pudgy? And I think she got sick this morning!"

Juuust kidding.

I am genuinely excited. Mainly because I sometimes dread the thought of our puppy growing up not knowing who his human grandparents are. Well, that, and our circle of friends who don't count The Northwestern as one of their or their spouse's Most Common Destinations is miniscule. Family's neat.

But Dave, his dad and his uncle are going out fishing on the lake. I'm to entertain the "wimmin." Shopping. BW3s. The library. Gallery Walk! Thus concludes my entertainment options. Oh, oh, wait! Sawdust Days. Oh, thank God. Redemption.

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Since I can't comment on your sidebar items, I'll comment hear.

As if Target didn't already get enough of my paycheck, now I discovered they have cute, affordable clothing. I used to make a hard left when I would go in and completely bypass the clothing section. But now? Sometimes I go to Target just to look at the clothes! Who wouldn't be all over polo shirts for work for just seven bucks?!

Erin said...

I know! I can't control myself in there sometimes. I have to like, leave my credit cards at home.