Sunday, July 22, 2007

Last year, my favorite find was a felt sticker of the Canadian flag that I put on my iPod. I'm so cool, eh

AirVenture starts tomorrow at EAA, and I'm so excited I could giggle audibly.

I don't think I'll be able to go until Friday, but I'm looking forward to that day with anticipation known only as "annoying" to other people. Besides my whole space camp-eating astronaut ice cream-watching space movies-"I want to be an astronaut -- wait, what do you mean 'calculus'?? OK, how about journalism?" years and all those trips to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio (oh, and who can forget the Neil Armstrong Space Museum!), I'm mostly excited because you get FREE STUFF.

You get plastic bags to put free stickers in, free waterbottles, free magnets, free notepads, pens, coolie-cups, pins, maps, model airplanes made of styrofoam and photos of the moon that inevitably find their way to the fringes of my life before making a dive into the trash can a few weeks after the convention's over.

But it's like going trick-or-treating, for adults! YES!

Oh, and they have an airshow and the Goodyear Blimp and some other planes and stuff, too. That's pretty cool too.

1 comment:

Farrah said...

I've never had much desire to attend AirVenture (or the EAA Fly-In in Oshkosh, as I still refer to it). But then you had to mention you can get free stuff! I love swag! If I was a celebrity, I would want to be a presenter at every awards show. But I'd probably get more excited about free note pads and pens than yet another cell phone.