Monday, July 9, 2007

Speaking of the state of Ohio ... True story

Dear Thee Who Has Not Cashed That $7-and-some-odd-cents Check From 2004:

Your personal information was on a computer that was stolen. Your Social Security number, birthday and full name are now "out there." Sorry about your luck. I'm sure it'll be OK. I mean, it's not like anyone would want to be you, anyhow.

Have a nice life.

Sincerely,
Ohio

That's not really a direct quote. But it is a true story.

That'll teach us for not cashing small checks. And for paying our taxes in the first place. And for being born and living. In Ohio.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ok - where in Ohio are you from? I lived in Akron for around 19 years, then moved to Columbus for 8 more. I miss it :(

Erin said...

I lived in a tiny town in northwest Ohio, then went to college in Toledo -- my husband's from Cincinnati. (We hope to move there ... soon. Soon enough I should say.) I miss it too!

Anonymous said...

I received one of those today. Lucky me.