Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I love books, weeeeeee

I had a crazy idea that I wanted to be in a book club, so I started a thread on the newspaper and its sister papers' new Web site, Wismoms.com, and wondered if I could piggyback on someone's else's. But I'm not much for leaving my house to go somewhere where I don't know anyone ... So I suggested, half seriously, that I should start one online.

So I did. Insta-book friends. I am so genius.

And we're voting until Thursday night which two of four we want to read first. My two favorite picks are on top, so I'll be happy almost either way.

The best part is, I get to read for a reason now, instead of crashing into bed and reading for an hour or an hour and a half before I go to sleep every night. I can get books and be lazy and when Dave walks in the room and says "You didn't do dishes? I folded all the laundry and you didn't even do dishes?!" I'll just casually look up from my book and say, with a "duh" look in my eyes, "I'm WORKING."

Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest idea ever! Imagine that...justifying reading as, "working!" Awesome!