Thursday, July 19, 2007

Phone call from Dave

Dave: Can I wear stripes and stripes?

Erin: No. Absolutely not.

Dave: Why?

Erin: I don't know. I'd have to see it.

Dave: It's my white shirt with the blue stripes, and I was going to wear the striped tie --

Erin: Dave. I'm on the phone. What do you want me to do? I don't know what you're talking about. (And it's true, I don't.)

Dave: But I was going to wear the tie you gave me, and ...

Erin: I can't believe I'm having this conversation right now. I can't be having this conversation right now. I have to go. (Thinking, my God. This man. Wants me to match clothes on the phone, without seeing it.)

Dave: Fine, but if I show up to work in checks and stripes, it's your fault.

Erin: I'll take a chicken sandwich.

Dave: OK.

Erin: OK. Good-bye.

3 comments:

MWGirl said...

My 'other' half is color blind. It's really fun when he calls me and tries to explain what he wants to wear and asks me to tell him if it matches. Especially since his explanations never include colors. I've since told the women at his work to make him take off his tie if he gets to work and it doesn't match his shirt. Needless to say, he comes home with the tie he wore to work that morning in his hand frequently.

Erin said...

Dave's more like "pattern blind." I'm thinking about putting little dots in different colors on the tags of his clothes. "Now, Dave. You can wear two red-dotted items together or two blue-dotted items, but never one red and one blue. Got it?"

MWGirl said...

I guess they had something like that before we were born called Geranimals. They would put like animal shapes on the tags of clothes to teach kids to match. You wear the elephant shirt with the elephant jeans. I sometimes wish they had those for boys these days.