Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The answers spell out non-words and I found myself reciting them while brushing my teeth. Good Lord.

The Northwestern's doing this Harry Potter trivia contest, and I'm the lucky one who got the stack of entries today on my chair at work. The contest started Sunday, but it took a day for the Postal Service to catch up to me -- and it did. Big time.

I got about 20 entries on Sunday via e-mail. "Wow!" I remember thinking. "This is going well."

Then today, I got about 50 in the mail, and another 10-12 in e-mails.

I brought them all home today to pretend I stuck with that elementary education major I had for a whole year in college.

An hour an 15 minutes later, I emerged from my repetitive grading and realized .... I have the whole thing memorized. I'd prove it, but, well, that's not a good idea. It's the same as not knowing my own cell phone number when asked, but being able to repeat the linking verbs list I learned in sixth grade (be am is are was were being been appear become feel grow look remain seem smell sound taste).

I need a hobby. One without a wizard in it.

1 comment:

MWGirl said...

Get ready to read the most dry Harry Potter story you've ever read in your life after I write it. I don't do Harry Potter, either.